ig Awful M
merica - thanks to uninformed college kids, non-tax payers and illegals voting in our electionsView all his gaffes and mistakes
from bowing to world leaders, to appointing unelected Czars and more lying, cheating and hypocritical behavior than any President to date.1. Sacrifice good for others:
In his inaugural address, Obama calls on Americans to adopt a spirit of sacrifice, which apparently doesn't include his own coronation. The $49 million cost of his swearing-in ceremony is triple the cost of Bush's first inaugural.He also has played golf more in 1 year than Bush did in his entire 8 years. Where are the complaints and finger pointers now?
2. Keep the change?
Obama promised a new era of openness and honesty in government, but his administration began under a cloud. New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson had withdrawn from consideration for commerce secretary because of a federal probe of campaign donations, and Treasury secretary nominee Tim Geithner was being skewered for failing to pay $34,000 in back taxes. Several other appointees did not pay their taxes. They have no problem with 53% of the country paying taxes and the other 47% don't pay a penny yet get to use the services, libraries, schools, fire, police and roads. Tea parties? What tea parties?
When untold thousands rally nationwide to protest excessive taxation, the White House tries to ignore the whole issue, hoping it will go away. ABC News reports the president "is unaware of the tea parties."
3 Lobbyists, go home.
Uh, wait, come back! Obama pledges lobbyists won't work in his White House, then makes 17 exceptions during his first 10 days in office, including Attorney General Eric Holder and Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn, a former lobbyist for Raytheon.
4. Not-so-special relationship?
In their first meeting, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown gave Obama a carved ornamental penholder from the timbers of the anti-slavery ship HMS Gannet. Obama's gift in return: 25 DVDs that don't work in Europe. His gift a month later to Queen Elizabeth doesn't quite make up for the snub, either: It's an iPod full of his own speeches. Our only ally and democracy in the Middle East, Israel was snubbed recently. What an arrogant jerk! Iran publicly declared Obama an experienced babe recently too.
5. Review gets jettisoned.
Obama's promise of a 48-hour review period for all legislation is tossed by the wayside. During debate over the revised stimulus bill, House Minority Leader John Boehner dramatically throws the 1,100-page document to the ground, charging that not a single member of Congress has had time to read the $787 billion spending measure
.They took office with 500 billion in debt and Obama turned it into 1.5 trillion in debt within 1 year. After much pushing and pressure, finally Obama's administration put 4 pages of a 2,000 page healh care bill online for the public to view for 48 hours.